Celebrating Family and Festivities
We all have festive traditions, memories, stories, recipes, hopes, wishes, and favorites that we share within our families. This hop is all about celebrating family and festivities, both in real life and in fiction!
What to write about
Your own family
- You can write about anything you like from family traditions to a favorite recipe.
- Why not share your favorite holiday reads?
- Or your holiday playlist?
A fictional family
- You could also write about a fictional family – or someone else’s
- Share a holiday themed excerpt from a book
- Tell us how your fictional family will be celebrating the holidays
Meet the Tylers
Family is important to me but it’s also an essential theme in my book, In Leah’s Wake. So, my ‘Meet the Family’ entries will be themed around them:
- 10th December – Leah’s holiday music playlist
- 11th December – Will’s favorite festive memory
- 12th December – Justine’s holiday wishlist
- 13th December – Zoe’s best holiday recipe
How to take part
- Add your name/blog URL to the linky
- A few days before the event you will receive an email with all the information you\’ll need, including graphics and the updated linky code (we will generate a new linky prior to the event so it links directly to all the posts)
- Schedule your post(s) to go live at 12:01 EST between 10th and 13th December and respond to our email with your direct post URL (we will add this to the new linky upon receipt and this will enter you into the draw)
- You can post on one date or several dates
- When the hop is live try and visit/comment on as many other posts as you can to spread the love!
You could win…
Taking part in the hop
- Every participant who posts the sponsor link with their post will be entered into a draw to win one of 2 $50 Amazon/B&N gift cards
- Post the ‘Sponsored by…’ graphic with your hop post for extra entries (this will be sent out by email)
Spreading the word
- There’s also a separate ‘Spread the Word’ contest with two $50 Amazon/B&N gift cards available
- Complete the slogan “In Leah’s Wake would be a great holiday pick because…” and submit it via the Rafflecopter for extra chances to win.
- Pin the badge and ‘Sponsored by’ image for extra entries.