USA Literary Road Trip: Introduction
During the month of December, Placing Literature is featuring In Leah’s Wake and my upcoming novel Until I Come Home. To celebrate I’d like to invite you to join me in a virtual literary road trip across the United States.
Every day we’ll post 2 states, featuring location submissions from authors and readers. We want to hear from you about the locations from your favourite reads that we should be featuring so we can cross the USA in style!
Taking part is easy!
- Send us a location from a book you love (again, think specifics) and a short (1-2 sentence) summary of what happens there (optional).
- The book details.
- (Optional) Your blog and/or twitter details, a quote about you
- Send us a location from your book (the more specific the better – think “Boston Public Library” rather than “Boston”) and a short (1-2 sentence) summary of what happens there.
- A short quote from your novel (up to 200 words)
- Your book details
- Can I submit multiple state locations? Yes, up to 3 – please send one at once though.
- Can I submit all states on the same day? *Update – as of 12/5 we can accept multiple states. Please end through one by one to avoid confusion.*
- How do I get to Placing Literature? Visit PlacingLiterature.com for their site
What we’ll do:
Every day we’ll post new states and shout out for submissions. Stop by throughout December if you have multiple states you’d like to submit for. At the end of the month we’ll share the full road trip outline and a map.
We’re offering up a US Literary map for USA/Canada residents or a UK Literary map for UK/Europe residents. Spread the word, enter the polls, submit your locations – each of these will give you a chance to win. Check back every day for repeat entries!
Check out the Twitter chat, Instagram and Pinterest pics (#littripUSA). You can easily follow the #littripUSA Twitter feed here.