Discover Fantasy: The Best Thing About Going Indie

• Discover Fantasy Tour

Discover Fantasy: The Best Thing About Going Indie

Pin It

I’m delighted to be a stop on the Discover Fantasy Tour schedule today, welcoming three special authors who have all visited the blog previously: Jonathan Gould, Jeremy Rodden, and David M. Brown! I’ve asked them all to share their highlights from their indie experiences so far…

What’s been the best thing about going Indie?

Jonathan Gould

Jonathan's response
Bio
Books

David M. Brown

David's response
Bio
Books

Jeremy Rodden

Jeremy's response
Bio
Books

Related posts

Please note, the views of the post author - and indeed anyone who guest posts on Day by Day - are not necessarily indicative of the views of Terri Giuliano Long and comments are moderated to filter spam/profanity only.

"Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion."
Pin It
2015-02-04T17:22:20+00:00 July 10th, 2012|Categories: Author Experiences|Tags: , , |

About the Author:

Terri Giuliano Long, a frequent guest blogger, with appearances on hundreds of blogs, is a contributing writer for IndieReader and also wrote for Her Circle eZine. She lives with her family on the East Coast. Her debut novel, In Leah’s Wake, winner of the Global eBook Award, Popular Fiction, and Indie Discovery Award, Literary Fiction, has sold over 130,000 copies worldwide.

14 Comments

1. Jonathan Gould July 9, 2012 at 10:54 pm - Reply

Thanks Terri for having me and my motley friends here today.

I've just figured out another good reason to be indie – what publisher would want a writer who completely loses track of his books – it was actually Doodling that I put out in Jan last year – Magnus Opum only came out last March. But hey, it's all fun isn't it.

• Terri Giuliano Long July 10, 2012 at 5:03 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for visiting, Jonathan! I completely agree – as soon as you're published, it's such a whirlwind that time just disappears. I wish you – and David and Jeremy – much success with your works!

2. David M Brown July 10, 2012 at 1:22 am - Reply

Thank you to Terri for taking part if the Discover Fantasy Tour today and to Jonathan and Jeremy for collaborating on this post :)

• Terri Giuliano Long July 10, 2012 at 5:01 pm - Reply

Thank you so much for visiting as part of your amazing tour, David! I appreciate you all taking the time to post and wish you all good luck for the remainder of the tour!

3. Jessica ( frellathon July 12, 2012 at 2:30 am - Reply

As a blogger I have to say indie authors are some of the nicest people I've met. No suck up I swear.

• Terri Giuliano Long July 13, 2012 at 9:07 am - Reply

Thank you so much for sharing, Jessica! It's great to hear about positive experiences with indie authors!

4. […] Read More: http://blog.tglong.com/2012/07/discover-fantasy-the-best-thing-about-going-indie/ […]

5. Barbara P. July 13, 2012 at 2:51 am - Reply

Thanks, very special authors!!

6. Angela D. July 16, 2012 at 7:37 am - Reply

I love that you had all 3 authors in the same post here. It is interesting to see the different reasons that this route was chosen by each of them.

• Terri Giuliano Long July 16, 2012 at 1:11 pm - Reply

Thank you, Angela! It was a pleasure to host all three authors on the blog again – they make quite the trio!

7. Kriss July 20, 2012 at 3:11 pm - Reply

As an indie reader and reviewer.. fangirl… stalker…lovah.. secret agent… well you get the idea!I love LOVE this! I am so glad I was drug down this rabbit hole, I would not want to be anywhere eelse!

• Terri Giuliano Long July 22, 2012 at 3:21 am - Reply

Thank you so much for your comment, Kriss! You're such a wonderful support to the indie community. I certainly appreciate it and I'm sure there are many many others who do too!

8. […] Discover Fantasy: The Best Thing About Going Indie […]

I'd love to hear your thoughts!